Purpose of the Program
The purpose of this program is to facilitate communication between academic departments and the library in order to enhance collection development and the information literacy initiative. Each academic department has been assigned a library liaison to work collaboratively with its teaching faculty. The library liaison will serve as the academic department's first point of contact for information about library resources and services.
Liaison services shall include but not be limited to the following topics. Librarians shall:
- Apprise faculty of library services and new information sources such as books, periodicals, databases, etc.
- Work with departments in meeting the educational mission of JSRCC, including identifying academic priorities, curricular development and accreditation.
- Build and develop the Library collection in all formats, including the selection of books, journals, electronic resources, audiovisual and digital media to ensure relevancy to the curriculum.
- Work with teaching faculty to learn about curriculum and course assignments.
- Support distance education that the department is offering by customizing library support services for those courses.
- Help faculty with specialized individual research, such as bibliographies and interlibrary loans.
School of the Humanities, Social Sciences & Education:
Denise Woetzel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
School of Nursing & Allied Health:
School of Business & Engineering
School of Mathematics & Sciences
Suzanne Sherry (SSherry@reynolds.edu)
Ask A Librarian
Downtown campus: 804-523-5333
Goochland campus: 804-523-5419
Parham campus: 804-523-5329