Beginning 12/18/2019, the Kanopy video streaming resource now only allows unlimited streaming for the titles that the library has paid an annual license for. The previous model of unlimited streaming for all titles was not financially sustainable. We are hopeful that the new model still allows easy access to the most highly demanded and requested films used by our faculty, staff, and students in support of the course curriculum.
When you access the Kanopy homepage, all the titles you see in the categories section are videos we currently have licensed and are instantly streamable. Simply click on the title you wish to stream and then click on the play button:
In addition, anyone can submit a purchase request for any title that we don’t currently have licensed. Submitting a request does not guarantee that we can purchase the title; however, we will try and honor requests based on the needs of the requester and the current library budget.
Requesting a title is easy. When you encounter a title we currently do not have licensed, fill out the form and click the “Request Access” button:
You will receive a submission confirmation via email. A librarian will follow up with you within 48 hours to update you with the status of your request.
Do not hesitate to Ask Us if you have any questions regarding Kanopy or if you encounter any issues with access and/or streaming. We are happy that we can continue to provide access to this popular and useful resource!
1. Click on the title you are interested in linking from your Canvas course.
2. When the video appears, click on Share located below video clip.
3. When the Share window appears, copy & paste the Share link URL into your Canvas course. You DO NOT need to include the proxy prefix in the Kanopy URL.
1. Click on the title you are interested embedding from your Canvas course.
2. When the video appears, click on Share option located below video clip.
3. When the Share window appears, click on the Embed option. When the Embed this video window appears, copy the embed code.
4. Go to your Add Page screen in Canvas. Enter a title for the video and click on the Insert/edit media icon.
5. When the Insert/edit media window appears, click on the Embed button, paste the embed code, then click on the OK button. You do not need to include the proxy prefix in the embed code.
6. When the Add Page screen appears again, click on the Save or Save & Publish button.